Pages

November 10, 2013

10 - Brick, Spackle, and Meetings

We've officially picked out everything on our house now. Last Friday we had our cabinetry and millwork meeting, and we got to decide on how we wanted all the woodwork to look in our house. A lot was standard, but we picked out how we wanted our mantle to look, the kitchen cabinetry design, and also the layout of the master closet. I'm so excited about that. I can't wait to show you all!

Then, on Saturday, we went to Lifestyles Lighting up in Edmond and picked out all our lighting. Again, most were standard stuff. Boob lights for the majority of the flush mount ceiling lights, bathroom vanity lights, etc. We splurged on our two pendant lights above the kitchen breakfast bar, and also the entry way lights once you walk in to the house. The five-light chandelier we picked that will go above the dining room table is nice, but nothing super extravagant since our little dining room (really it's called a breakfast room, and we don't have a dedicated dining room) is only 10' x 10'. The only other major light choice we picked were the coach lights that will be on our garage.

Hopefully it all comes together well. I think the hardest part is visualizing how all the lights will look together since we didn't really pick them from the same collection. I saved pictures of all the lights, but I won't show you until they're installed. That way they'll be a surprise, and you can't judge us for our choices because it'll be too late :) Now we just wait and watch them finish our home.

It's been raining on and off each week, so I guess it's put a halt on a lot of the outdoor work since everything is so wet. The back side of our house is partially bricked, and then the part of the front. The whole north side of the home is bricked though, so you can see the color brick we went with. It's got a mix of reds and grays of various shades in it, mainly on the lighter side. We also have a garage door that been in the raised position thus far.


With all the rain, progress has really been made on the inside. I had took a bunch of pictures when they started the drywalling process, thinking I'd write a post then. But of course my lazy self, I missed that opportunity, and a couple days later, they had everything speckled and all our tile installed.  Here's our kitchen. You'll notice they took the wood bar frame off. They built it two feet too long, which ate in to the dining room space. So they tore it down, and they're just going to build it during the cabinetry process now. The tile looks great. All the tile work in our house is complete now, except for the master shower design inlay.


I don't know if you can tell, but the tiles are large rectangular tiles. I don't remember the dimensions exactly, but we really liked the change up from the typically square tiles. I guess the next step is painting and all the woodwork. Our garage is full of all our crown molding and baseboards. I should have taken a picture of our interior door stack. You don't realize how many doors are in a house until you see them all stacked up next to each other. I think we had 14 or 15 doors.

We have a boat club membership meeting this Thursday, so we'll probably swing by beforehand. Hopefully I'll get a bunch of pictures, and do a post that evening. I need to catch up because I'm missing steps! Aaack!

Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts!