Pages

July 11, 2013

2 - Official!

At our first contract signing, we tried to negotiate the purchase price to be lower than the current base price. The builder contacted us on the 8th and said that they can't drop the price as low as we were hoping, but countered with an offer that was still below the current base price, and thankfully within the max budget we set for ourselves.

So... Vernon and I met back up with the builder's sales rep on the 9th, and we signed the counter contract. It is truly official now. Come next year, we're going to be Edmondnites! Is that what they call themselves? The only thing I ever really remember about Edmond are those bumper stickers that say, "Don't Edmond My Norman" :) We're joining the wrong side apparently!


I was informed today that our information was passed along to the in-house designer to schedule our design meeting... a little something to keep us busy while they wait for the permits to go through. I'm hoping she contacts us soon. Not only do I want to start looking at our options, but also because I'll be heading to Half Moon Bay in 10 days! Super excited for my trip. There will be a lot of deck lounging and beach walking.

view from the upper deck during our last visit in 2009

...and also a day spent in San Francisco for the Louis Vuitton Cup portion of the America's Cup!


Wish Vernon was able to go with me. Unfortunately his work schedule doesn't allow for it :( I think seeing the AC72's will be cool, but I know Vernon would appreciate all of it so much more than me. I just want a hoodie!

That's all for now. Hopefully next time will include some design ideas. Thanks for reading...

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to check out the Half Moon Bay brewery for lunch or dinner - try the seared Ahi

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts!